School of Mathematics and Science Education
About the School
The School of Mathematics and Science Education as provided for under the organizational structure of Chalimbana University. It responds to National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), a statutory body through which the Government of the republic of Zambia directs policy on the development and application of science and technology in the country. The statutory instrument was established by the Science and Technology Act No. 26 of 1997. The Seventh National Development plan (2017) report that Zambia despite being endowed with mineral resources, wildlife, rivers, good soil, ﬂora and fauna, yet is characterized by low industrialization, low beneﬁciation from the rich natural resources, weak diversiﬁcation and the high levels of poverty. Therefore, the creation of the School of Mathematics and Science Education at Chalimbana University will help harness these potentials.
The School of Mathematics and Science Education endeavors to:
- Training mathematics and science teachers to meet the demand at primary, junior and senior secondary school levels. Mathematics and science teachers are in high demand due national shortage of qualiﬁed teachers within these ﬁelds.
- Train skilled professional personnel in various ﬁelds such as Agriculture and other related ﬁelds.
- Train laboratory technicians to provide technical support in school laboratories and industry so as to improve eﬃciency and results. So far, most schools either have no laboratory technicians or have untrained personnel
The school is currently oﬀering the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science with Education
- Bachelor of Agriculture Science with Education
- Diploma in Laboratory Technician
Minimum Entry Requirements
Five (5) O-Level credits or better; these must include English Language and Mathematics.
The course study shall be completed in a period of four (years). You can pursue the course under: Full-Time or Long Distance learning.